Getting Data In

How to exclude Host using Inputlookup?

karthi2809
Builder

index=bp_prod NOT ([|inputlookup serverBP.csv|fields Servers Status |where Status=="N"] ) |eventstats count as "totalCount" | eventstats count as "choiceCount" by host| eval percent=(choiceCount/totalCount)*100 | stats values(choiceCount) as Count , values(percent) as Percentage by host

In my serverBP.csv i have following coloumn:

Servers Status

server1 Y
server2 Y
server3 N

I have to exclude server 3 in my query

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Change the subsearch to output only the server name for the servers with status N, and rename the field name to whatever the field will be called on the other index...

[|inputlookup serverBP.csv | where Status=="N"| table Servers | rename Servers as host]

You can see what the output of the implicit format command will be -- that is, what will be returned by the square brackets -- by running the search independently, and piping it to the explicit format command....

|inputlookup serverBP.csv | where Status=="N"| table Servers | rename Servers as host | format

...which in this case will probably look like...

(host="server3")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...