Getting Data In

How to disable the universal forwarder default management port 8089 with a deployment server?

serwin
Explorer

I'm trying to disable the default management point on the universal forwarders (8089) with the deployment server and I'm having a hard time getting the deployment server to deploy correctly. I have created the app that should disable it and it successfully pushes, but when I do a netstat, it's still listening. Anyone have any advice or see anything I'm doing incorrectly? If I edit the local\server.conf on the test server, it successfully disables the management port.

Thanks!

On the deployment server

deployment-apps\disable_mgmt_app\etc\system\local\server.conf

[httpServer]
disableDefaultPort = true
1 Solution

serwin
Explorer

Actually solved this one myself, when adding the app you don't need to specify directories you just need to place it in deployment-apps/disable_mgmt/local/server.conf and it will work.

View solution in original post

serwin
Explorer

Actually solved this one myself, when adding the app you don't need to specify directories you just need to place it in deployment-apps/disable_mgmt/local/server.conf and it will work.

View solution in original post

Did you miss .conf21 Virtual?

Good news! The event's keynotes and many of its breakout sessions are now available online, and still totally FREE!