Getting Data In

How to change week to time format?

hagar71
Explorer

hello everyone,

I have a column which contains week1 , week2 ,week3,week4,week5 and I want an input to the chart to show me the data from week1 to week3 for example or week2 to week5 how could I do that? 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you want a filter to only show weekX to weekY in your chart, you can use one or two text input boxes do define start/end week numbers. Let's assume you have 2 inputs, with the tokens tok_week_start and tok_week_end, then in your search you can finish the search with something like this

... your chart building search ...
| rex field=week_column "week(?<week_no>\s+)"
| where week_no>=$tok_week_start$ AND week_no<=$tok_week_end$
| fields - week_no

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can of course do this with a time picker input, but that will not be a week based approach.

I assume you were talking about a dashboard and my comments were related to the classic dashboard use of tokens.

0 Karma

hagar71
Explorer

@bowesmana 

I tried 

| rex field=Date "week(?<week_no>\s+)"
| where week_no>="week1" AND week_no<="week5"
| fields - week_no

but No results found the column of the weeks called Date 

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Should be

| rex field=Date "week\s?(?<week_no>\d+)"
| where week_no>=1 AND week_no<=5
| fields - week_no

regex was wrong in my first example.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...