Getting Data In

How does Splunk work with Virtual Center (vSphere 4)

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Does splunk (or how does splunk) work with Virtual Center (vSphere 4)? Since VI center is “logging” information from the individual ESX servers – is there a way to get that info into splunk?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The answer is this – VC doesn’t scale, so we directly collect the metrics and logging information from the hosts themselves, via the vMA. ( or logs can be collected natively by having your ESX send information over syslog to Splunk).

View solution in original post

gavind
Explorer

+1. Thanks a lot for the detailed information. This information cannot be found elsewhere.

0 Karma

dcroteau
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The answer is this – VC doesn’t scale, so we directly collect the metrics and logging information from the hosts themselves, via the vMA. ( or logs can be collected natively by having your ESX send information over syslog to Splunk).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...