Getting Data In

How do you send a Splunk report to a network drive?

arock

Hello,

I have a user wanting to send a Splunk report (.csv) to a network drive. I read your post on "Trigger a PDF via the command line". I believe my particular task is a little different but follows the same concept.

Can you kindly provide some guidance?

Much Appreciated,
Cheers!!!

Tags (3)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

A better way to do this is to use the "Run a Script" alert action (after you create a script to do the copy).  Yes, this alert action is deprecated but I use it often and there is no way that Splunk will be removing it from the product.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The way that I do it is to come up with a file-name-prefix convention (like CopyMeToDriveF_) and then use | outputcsv CopyMeToDriveF_whatever.csv on the end of your search. Then you have to setup a cron or powershell job to do: cp $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/dispatch/splunk/CopyMeToDriveF* F: or similar.

0 Karma

dkeck
Influencer
0 Karma

arock

I have not but will give it a read, thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...