Getting Data In

How do I know which apps I can remove? Where can I get more information about all installed apps?

JamesRConley
Explorer

By default there are many apps installed. I am attempting to find out which of my apps I am able to remove from the Indexer and Search Head. For example there is "searchheads" app listed in my apps. I have no idea what this is nor where I can find more information. Some of the apps are self explanatory such as "Search & Reporting" but how do I find more information about some of these ambiguous apps?

0 Karma
1 Solution

corey_reynders
Path Finder

Yeah, I started writing that app and never finished because our trial license expired. Your guess is as good as mine as to where I was going with that... just delete it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

corey_reynders
Path Finder

Yeah, I started writing that app and never finished because our trial license expired. Your guess is as good as mine as to where I was going with that... just delete it.

0 Karma

corey_reynders
Path Finder

I guess to further answer your questions, if the app does not have an splunk apps ID it is not a public app and will not have public information that people will allow people to answer questions.

Try searching the app directory for a splunk apps ID.

grep -r "apps.splunk.com/app/" $home/etc/apps/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...