Getting Data In

How do I configure the sourcetype in inputs.conf to index Incapsula Imperva logs in Splunk?

brent_weaver
Builder

Hello there..

I am integrating Imperva logs into Splunk. I cannot seem to figure out what to set the sourcetype to in the inputs.conf file. I am using the SIEM connector to gather the logs to my Linux server and then having Splunk pick it up from there. Any help is much appreciated!

0 Karma

brent_weaver
Builder

Hey. I found out that the Splunk App for Incapsula/Imperva is looking for a sourcetype of incapsula. I set it to that and will see what the results are!

I will let you all know. Thanks!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no pre-trained sourcetype for Imperva so you'll have to create your own. You could put "sourcetype=Imperva" in your inputs.conf file and then add a "[Imperva]" stanza to your props.conf file to tell Splunk how to process those logs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Take this as an example. You can put your inputs.conf file in $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/system/local

[monitor://<path>]
index = myindex
sourcetype = mysourcetype
<attrbute> = <val>
<attrbute> = <val>
SGF
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...