Getting Data In

How can I pass Splunk output from one Splunk server to another?

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,

Is it possible that I have two Splunk servers running one at my office location which has historical data and other one in my laptop which I am carrying. If I fire some query for which data is available at office location but I want the result at my laptop. I understand that I can run Cloud service or have the data on Cloud and do this task easily. But my concern is, that I have slow speed internet on my laptop when I am travelling. So in that case, is it possible that I run a query for which the data is on Splunk server which is at office.

Also, on my laptop some other device will be dumping huge data and I want to correlate the data on laptop and data at my office location. And both locations have different Splunk servers.

Please advice.

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

You can most likely set up distributed searching, so that you configure your laptop Splunk instance to use the office Splunk as a Search Peer. That way it can search both instances and make the correlations.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/DistSearch/Overviewofconfiguration

/K

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...