Getting Data In

How can I manually set the timestamp at index time?

jvardev
Path Finder

I have events with a field:

2015|...
2016|...
2017|...

I want to set a timestamp at index time for each event with same day and month:

1/2/2015 
1/2/2016
1/2/2017

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

@jvardev,
as far as i am aware, you can not assign a manual timestamp in indextime when having the year only.
with that being said, dealing with structured data as yours (and any data in splunk), you can convert the time in search time and apply it however you would like.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

@jvardev,
as far as i am aware, you can not assign a manual timestamp in indextime when having the year only.
with that being said, dealing with structured data as yours (and any data in splunk), you can convert the time in search time and apply it however you would like.

0 Karma

jvardev
Path Finder

To solve this, I append the timestamp (day and month) with a script before index it.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

How is this data generated? Would it be possible for you to update the file generator to include the day and month in the file data?

0 Karma

jvardev
Path Finder

I have csv files, but I want know if exists way to fill _time field correctly at index time. I could replace every year with day and month but that's not the question why that is before the index time

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

is it a pipe delimited data? does it have a header?

0 Karma

jvardev
Path Finder

yes, is delimited by pipes and I have the name fields

name1|name2|...
value1|value2|....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...