Getting Data In

How can I list out the services request to splunk by user?

AL3Z
Builder

Hi,

Could you please help me in listing out the services request to splunk by user, I' m trying to upload it to the ticketing tool

Type                   service         desc

onboarding 

operational

appliances

Thanks..

Labels (2)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@AL3Z - Here are a few of the topics. You may want to get a few details on them to add to the description

• Data Onboarding & Parsing & Timestamp Extraction
  • App/Add-on Installation
  • Field Extractions
  • Correlation & Alerts & Reports
  • Dashboards
  • Data Models and Summary Indexing
  • Custom scripts like custom commands, custom alert actions, and other custom use-cases
  • Custom dashboarding and visualization

I hope this helps!! Kindly upvote if it helps!!!

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Say more words, please.  What problem are you trying to solve?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

@richgalloway 

What type of services we can request to splunk from user perspective after that i will add it to the ticketing tools of my company 

Eg.

Type                service 

Onboarding    logs,app install  etc.

Operational  creating correlation search etc.

Appliances upgrade splunk enterprise etc.

And so on..

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm still not sure what you want.  What is it you wish the ticket to accomplish?

Splunk does not have "services".  Splunk users are given roles and those roles have a number of defined capabilities.  The built-in roles, in order of increasing capability, are 'user', 'power user', and 'admin' (on-prem) or 'sc_admin' (Splunk Cloud).  The first two items in your list are available only to users with the 'admin' or 'sc_admin' role (or other roles that inherit one of those roles).

The last item on your list is external to Splunk.  Splunk upgrades are performed by the OS user that "owns" the software.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...