Getting Data In

How can I forward a particular event ID to another host?

ericsolson

I have a scenario where I need to forward a particular event ID to another host. Can I use the universal forwarder for this, or do I need to configure something in Splunk to forward that? I'm a little new to Splunk, but have it up and running on Linux.

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

dturnbull_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You'll want to configure forwarding from your indexers if you want to send to either another Splunk system or as TCP or Syslog. If you need to reformat the data, for example by exporting to ArcSight, you can use the Splunk App for CEF.

0 Karma

ericsolson

Thanks. This event id is going from Splunk to another Windows host with a syslog listener.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

dturnbull_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you just trying to forward only a single event ID to one location or are you trying to send everything somewhere and also send one event ID to another location?

0 Karma

ericsolson

Everything is going to Splunk from my Windows servers. I need one event ID to go to another separate system that is being monitored in real time :).

0 Karma

dturnbull_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How does the other system want the data?

0 Karma

ericsolson

Syslog format is fine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...