Getting Data In

High availability setup - daily indexed volume

mikehibbert

We have a set-up where all of the forwarders send data to indexer A and indexer A forwards this on to indexer B, hence giving us a high (data query) availability solution.

What confuses me is that the indexed data on indexer B is double that on A... This doesn't seem to make sense to me, it should be identical?

Indexer B is also above the HA license quota, yet never violates. Obviously this is something to do with the HA license, but since I don't understand the mechanics of this thoroughly I'm not sure exactly why it doesn't violate.

Please could someone shed some light?!

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

What confuses me is that the indexed data on indexer B is double that on A

Perhaps as well as Indexer A cloning on to Indexer B your forwarders are also cloning to Indexer B ?? Just taking a guess in the dark, but something to check for anyway.

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

hmm, it was my first thought to. Probably a good idea to double check the config on the forwarders in case someone has created a group and popped both indexers into it

0 Karma

mikehibbert

I don't think this is the case, as the solution document says agents will need to be reconfigured to "point" to the other indexer in case of failure... Good idea though!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...