Getting Data In

Forwarding attachment files in Splunk

samiomer
Path Finder

Hello,

Is it possible to forward file attachments between Splunks?

1 Solution

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am almost certain that this is not possible, but I'd need to understand your specific use case to be sure.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

samiomer
Path Finder

For example, if there's an event that references a file on a forwarding-slunk machine, would I be able to make it forward a file attachment along with the event?

Thanks

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

No, there is no such functionality in Splunk. What you could do is trigger a script that does something with the file (like copying it to a fileshare somewhere) but that process would be separate from Splunk.

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am almost certain that this is not possible, but I'd need to understand your specific use case to be sure.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Please clarify what you mean. What kind of file attachments?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...