Getting Data In

Event Break JSON

thufirtan
Engager

Hi, I am trying to ingest JSON data into Splunk but I am having difficulties setting up the event breaks. What is the best way to do this?

Tags (1)

Jordan_Brough
Path Finder

Assuming that each json event blob starts on a new line with an opening brace { Then this seems to be working for me:

[json]
KV_MODE = json
LINE_BREAKER = "(^){"
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 1
TRUNCATE = 0
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false

sbitterman

Where did you specify this logic? In your $SPUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/props.conf? That's where I'm trying to define this logic to get my events correct when using the Splunk Forwarder, but not having any success. 😞

0 Karma

RaistlinLinden

I would really like to know the answer to this as we are having the same problem. We are using the splunk cloud and do not know where to put this logic. On a config file on the cloud server?

0 Karma

mjoseff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/props.conf

0 Karma

lpolo
Motivator

I used this approach to address my question:

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/121098/iterate-the-extraction-of-json-objects-using-splunk-query-l...

However, I think that this approach has the problem that the json objects are not split into events. Therefore, any aggregation function will not work as expected. Any idea?

0 Karma

niordache
Explorer

Worked for me ! Json object is not splitted in several events .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...