Getting Data In

Error while creating new index

VijaySrrie
Builder

while trying to create a new index in search head getting error like Invalid apply cluster-bundle error="Bundle validation is in progress

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi All,

As this is cloud we do not have access to modify indexes.conf. Splunk vendor team has done the necessary changes and a rolling restart performed. Now we are able to see the new index created

View solution in original post

0 Karma

VijaySrrie
Builder

Hi All,

As this is cloud we do not have access to modify indexes.conf. Splunk vendor team has done the necessary changes and a rolling restart performed. Now we are able to see the new index created

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This can happen when validation fails (for multiple reasons). If the indexes.conf your are trying to deploy has not changed, you'll never get a new bundle created. One workaround that I use for this issue is to simply modify indexes.conf, and a extra "space" to the file (so that it is different from previous version) and re-validate, then push it out again.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you create other indexes recently? If so, you must wait for that change to propagate to the rest of the search heads and indexers before creating another.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

Are you working on an indexer cluster environment? I am asking because this error message is related with a cluster master issue when deploying a new bundle configuration.
If so, I would rollback the current configuration running this command from CLI
./splunk rollback cluster-bundle
Or using web - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations#Rollback_the_con....

Restart the cluster master and Indexer cluster and try to redeploy the bundle.

please check this document for further information- > https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The question is tagged with splunk-cloud so no CLI is available.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...