Getting Data In

Error trying to add csv

dougsummersett

I'm trying to upload a csv file via the Upload button and when I do I get the following error "'module' object has no attribute 'makeSplunkdUri'". I've tried on several different csv files and all the same error. On version 6.2.0. Any ideas?

alt text

0 Karma

JDukeSplunk
Builder

Sounds like you might have a permissions issue or some missing files on your Splunk box.

Check here and see if your files are complete.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.1/Admin/ChecktheintegrityofyourSplunksoftwarefiles

If not, the solution is to fix pemissions (examples --Right click in windows or sudo chown -R splunk:splunk /opt/splunk/)

And then reinstall (or upgrade to 7.0.1)

On a side note.. For kicking files into my test stand-alone 500mb splunk I just setup a folder on my workstation called dump, and then added this to my local splunk forwarder inputs.conf file. Then on my Windows workstation I can just drag files into c:\dump and the forwarder just grabs it for me.

[monitor://C:\dump\*]
disabled = 0
recurse=true
followTail = 0
sourcetype=dump
ignoreOlderThan = 10d
index = main
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...