Getting Data In

Error adding multiple host names for test generator

cesaralzaga
Engager

I am working on Chapter 2 of Big Data Analytics Using Splunk(Apress). I just got my copy of the newly released book and was going through the steps to use multiple host names as the test generator for creating files under C:/opt/log/BigDBBook-www1/access.log, C:/opt/log/BigDBBook-www2/access.log, C:/opt/log/BigDBBook-www3/access.log. After following all the steps I select SAVE and I get an error saying: "Encountered the following error while trying to save: In handler 'monitor': Parameter name: Path does not exist" I have placed the logs in the c:/opt/log directory and have not been able to get past this error. Any help would be appreciated. Also I am using a Windows box.

I am trying to add all three logs under the Segment number 3 so that when I look at the index="mygizmostoreindex" my hosts within that index will display:

BigDBBook-www1
BigDBBook-www2
BigDBBook-www3

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dlux
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use Windows backslash syntax for path to files.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...