Getting Data In

Enterprise Trial + VMware app : licence quota quite exceeded : 17 550 345 400% !!!

jsroques

Hello,

I am quite new to splunk and installed an enterprise version for testing purpose. I also installed *nix add-on and app for monitoring splunk servers and VMware app. As of today, I have one main splunk server and one VMware collection appliance. I am monitoring 1 vCenter with 8 ESXi and less that 40 VMs

It's been running for a few days now but it is now not working any more complaining about quotas.

Splunk quota

But 17 550 345 400% seems quite high... What did I miss ? Where to look to see what is consuming my quota ?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Your current quota is listed as 0, and you have 6 violations listed. Did your Splunk Enterprise license expire? You should be able to contact your sales rep to get a reset key and a new trial license if you're doing an extended POC.

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Your current quota is listed as 0, and you have 6 violations listed. Did your Splunk Enterprise license expire? You should be able to contact your sales rep to get a reset key and a new trial license if you're doing an extended POC.

jsroques

Ok... That explains the huge over-quota excess... Should have looked better...

After checking on the main instance, I don't have any "trial licence" appearing in the "licence group" whereas I can see it on another instance. I don't think it expired because it is not a month old. I may (must) have done something wrong.

Anyway, I chose the free licence which should be sufficient for my testings.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Jean-Sébastien.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...