Getting Data In

Enterprise Trial + VMware app : licence quota quite exceeded : 17 550 345 400% !!!

jsroques

Hello,

I am quite new to splunk and installed an enterprise version for testing purpose. I also installed *nix add-on and app for monitoring splunk servers and VMware app. As of today, I have one main splunk server and one VMware collection appliance. I am monitoring 1 vCenter with 8 ESXi and less that 40 VMs

It's been running for a few days now but it is now not working any more complaining about quotas.

Splunk quota

But 17 550 345 400% seems quite high... What did I miss ? Where to look to see what is consuming my quota ?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Your current quota is listed as 0, and you have 6 violations listed. Did your Splunk Enterprise license expire? You should be able to contact your sales rep to get a reset key and a new trial license if you're doing an extended POC.

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Your current quota is listed as 0, and you have 6 violations listed. Did your Splunk Enterprise license expire? You should be able to contact your sales rep to get a reset key and a new trial license if you're doing an extended POC.

jsroques

Ok... That explains the huge over-quota excess... Should have looked better...

After checking on the main instance, I don't have any "trial licence" appearing in the "licence group" whereas I can see it on another instance. I don't think it expired because it is not a month old. I may (must) have done something wrong.

Anyway, I chose the free licence which should be sufficient for my testings.

Thanks for the quick answer.
Jean-Sébastien.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...