Getting Data In

ERROR FrameworkUtils - Incorrect path to script

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

The data is not being forwarded from the host. I see the below error entry in the internal logs for that host.

10-29-2013 08:51:41.905 -0500 ERROR FrameworkUtils - Incorrect path to script: C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder/etc/apps/keyTest/bin/key_deploy.sh.  Script must be in a bin subdirectory in $SPLUNK_HOME.

Upon reading similar posts, I got to know that the issue is because of the backslash "/"

I'm not sure which file has the above path reference that I should change. Please help.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

The file was in the same path

SplunkUniversalForwarder/etc/apps/keyTest/local/inputs.conf

But this had nothing to with the data being not forwarded.

I had to remove * at the end of the my monitor to get the data in Splunk. For some reason * doesn't work on windows.

[monitor:///D:\Apps\logs\my-log.log*]

[monitor:///D:\Apps\logs\my-log.log]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

The file was in the same path

SplunkUniversalForwarder/etc/apps/keyTest/local/inputs.conf

But this had nothing to with the data being not forwarded.

I had to remove * at the end of the my monitor to get the data in Splunk. For some reason * doesn't work on windows.

[monitor:///D:\Apps\logs\my-log.log*]

[monitor:///D:\Apps\logs\my-log.log]
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...

Getting Started with AIOps: Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in ...

Getting Started with AIOps:Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in Splunk IT Service ...

Register to Attend BSides SPL 2022 - It's all Happening October 18!

Join like-minded individuals for technical sessions on everything Splunk!  This is a community-led and run ...