Getting Data In

Do I need to reload a deployment server if I make an update to a deployment app for a universal forwarder to pick up the change?

splunkn
Communicator

Assume I have all my folders distributed to Universal Forwarders under Repository location of my Deployment server.

Team1 -- App A - Serverclass A
Team2 -- AppB - Serverclass B

If am going to change some conf under App A and leave it as such without reloading deploy server. I want to know if in the next upcoming phoneHomeInterval my updated App A is going to be picked up by my UF automatically. Does it really need reload? and if so, what is the exact purpose of reload or phoneHomeInterval?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

teunlaan
Contributor

ehh. No the UF won't pickup de change the next phoneHomeInterval.
If you don't reload the deployment-sever, it doesn't "know" the app has changed. (it has to genarate a new hash)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

ehh. No the UF won't pickup de change the next phoneHomeInterval.
If you don't reload the deployment-sever, it doesn't "know" the app has changed. (it has to genarate a new hash)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...