Getting Data In

Different timezone

Mai_splunk
Explorer

Hi all!

I have a problem with the time my logs arrive. There is an hour difference. how can I solve that? If I have data from different clients with different timezone on the same server, how can I align them?

Mai_splunk_0-1612184327327.png

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Put the appropriate time zone name on each server.  Splunk knows its own time zone and will make the necessary conversions.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ideally, each event's timestamp includes a time zone indication, but it appears your event timestamps do not.

The next best option is for the UFs on each server to have a TZ setting in the local props.conf file.  This time zone value is forwarded to the indexer so it can convert the timestamps properly.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Mai_splunk
Explorer

Thanks for your quickly response @richgalloway 

Imagine that a client has UTM+2 and other with UTM+3. I configure their UF with that timezone, but my indexer has summer time and winter time UTM+1 and UTM+2 How can I manage this?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...