Getting Data In

Delimited field extractions for cognos data

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

Trying to load some IBM Cognos data, have the inputs.conf working and data is coming across.

but my props and transforms seem to have no effect. I followed the info here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/1048/how-do-index-tab-delimited-files and from the documentation and created the following two files in my local folder.

Props.conf:
[cognos]
REPORT-cognos=cognos-fields

transforms.conf:
[cognos-fields]
DELIMS="\t"
FIELDS="Host ID","Process ID","Time","Time Zone","Session ID","Request ID","SubRequest ID","Step ID","Thread","Component ID","Build Number","Level","Logger","Operation","Object Type","Object Path","Status","Message","Log Data"

0 Karma
1 Solution

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

Was missing the local.meta file for this working at search time.

Adding that in and the search returned the expected fields.

View solution in original post

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

I was, but this is just the log data behind the dashboards used for troubleshooting when dashboards fail or users have issues.
Can you embed a html frame in a dashboard in splunk to show the cognos data? For us they are two very different systems so no need to merge. Easy option is just add a link to the cognos dashboard!

0 Karma

karthikp1989
Explorer

Were you able to load Cognos reports data into Splunk? By IBM Cognos data, do you mean Cognos logs data or the actual BI reports that are run in Cognos?

I am looking for ways to get the Cognos reports data displayed on Splunk dashboard. Any hints at how to go about it will be greatly helpful!

Thank you.

0 Karma

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

Was missing the local.meta file for this working at search time.

Adding that in and the search returned the expected fields.

karthikp1989
Explorer

Were you able to load Cognos reports data into Splunk? By IBM Cognos data, do you mean Cognos logs data or the actual BI reports that are run in Cognos?
I am looking for ways to get the Cognos reports data displayed on Splunk dashboard. Any hints at how to go about it will be greatly helpful!
Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...