Getting Data In

Data Collection from Printers

tympaniplayer
Path Finder

Can Splunk be used to collect data from printers (and other network devices like routers, switches).

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I'm new to this and want to get the most out of Splunk.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

As Splunk supports scripted inputs you can pretty much get whatever you want and feed it into Splunk as long as it's text. What kind of data are you interested in?

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

As Splunk supports scripted inputs you can pretty much get whatever you want and feed it into Splunk as long as it's text. What kind of data are you interested in?

Ayn
Legend

That kind of data might be available if you SNMP poll the device. You can then feed the SNMP data into Splunk.

Note that what I'm saying is just that Splunk will happily chew the data once you've created a script to fetch it. There is no built-in functionality in Splunk itself for performing the polling or interpreting the data, that is up to you.

tympaniplayer
Path Finder

I'm looking for things like, ink levels (or low ink warnings). If the device is responsive to the network. (I hope this isn't too vague)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...