Getting Data In

Daily License Report not Showing

phanichintha
Path Finder

My Environment: 1 SH, 1DS (CM, LM), 2 INDX`s and 15GB/day License.
The day before yesterday logs ingested to Splunk from two days to the License is going very high >daily limit. Yesterday I recognised and disabled the source of logs. So the license was going normal now. When I saw today, the license report is not showing today's usage report. Attaching the snapshots to understand.

please advise how to get back to the normal stage.

DS server LM snanp.JPGHelth status.JPGLast updated license usage.JPGLicense usage.JPGmessages.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Karma

phanichintha
Path Finder

I solved the issue; the issue is in the 9996 port from the CM side.
This issue will come when the high usage in License consumes in a day the connection will lose in any way. So here found that 9996 port after enabling in the CM end.
Note: All servers are bi-directionally open with 8089 and 9996/9997 ports and also check the Telnet, Ping. 

0 Karma

jbender72
Path Finder

To get a better picture of your data, I would suggest using a license usage app.  This way you can determine what data is important for what you need.  I eventually took the license usage app and made it into a custom app with alerts for when usage is getting "out of control".  

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @phanichintha,

I can see it is showing todays license usage as 63 GB. If you mean "Usage Report" page, it shows previous 30 days.

I didn't see any problem about license usage but you have problem on indexers, they do not accept data. You should check indexers status, it seems they do not response to rest requests too.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

phanichintha
Path Finder

Hello @scelikok there is no issue with indexers, I see no errors/warnings in indexers its working fine. I don't think about why this happens.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...