Getting Data In

DBconnect - input data the Redshift with error (Unable to process JSON)

dennisaraujo
Path Finder

Hi,

I successfully configured the AWS Red Shift JDBC driver, I can connect to the database and run queries, but when I create a data entry, in the last step, after clicking the "finish" button it shows the error message "Unable to process JSON" .

This error only occurs when I define a rising column (I'm using int following the dbconnect documentation).

Anyone else get past this?

Thanks!

0 Karma

amartin6
Path Finder

We were getting this error on one of our standalone search heads when trying to update the password of identities after a jre update, we noticed the jars/server.jar file didn't match with the other search centers, once we replaced that we were able to add identities and update existing ones.

0 Karma

rapmancz
Explorer

I have the same issue using Splunk DB connect 3.4.2 and Splunk 8.1.1. Any other ideas how to solve this issue?

0 Karma

ghollmann
Engager

Any solutions to this?  I'm trying to define DB Connect input to attach to a table in MS SQL Server with a rising column and when I try to save it get the "Unable to process JSON" error.  

0 Karma

Amusthofa
Explorer

Anyone ever got this solved?

We also got this kind of error when creating a DB Input for McAfee ePO 5.10. We could execute SQL queries & set it to rising column just fine, but when we tried to save the configuration, the "Unable to process JSON" error message appears.

0 Karma

mvarga2
Explorer

Same issue occurring in my environment, running the latest and greatest DBConnect v3.5.1.

0 Karma

mvarga2
Explorer

So if I populated the checkpoint field with something, it was able to save the input.

0 Karma

Amusthofa
Explorer

I got my issue solved.

The culprit was because I had used DBConnect 3.2.

When I changed to DBConnect 3.3, the problem was solved.

Solution to the issue in original question might be the same.

0 Karma

tlay
Explorer

I am seeing this message in 3.4.1.  Trying to work with ePO DLP.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...