Getting Data In

DB Connect App template

putnamblake
Path Finder

Hi All,

I'm using DB Connect 3.x - I want to create a template for future MS-SQL connections to speed the process up for others. I've read I can accomplish this by moving db_inputs_template.conf from add-on/default to dbconnect/local. 

In my dev region I have DBX 3.x installed and the MS-SQL add on installed as well. However due to some limitations and constraints of the region I am unable to test the functionality. 

So I am wondering if I can just copy/ touch the db_inputs_templates.conf in dbconnect/local and have it populate the drop down with the templates without the addon(s) installed?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

putnamblake
Path Finder

Here to answer my own question- I have tested and yes you are able to create the db_inputs_template.conf whether borrowed from addon/default or using touch in dbconnect/local. Supply the values in the stanza, restart the host and the table populates. 

View solution in original post

putnamblake
Path Finder

Here to answer my own question- I have tested and yes you are able to create the db_inputs_template.conf whether borrowed from addon/default or using touch in dbconnect/local. Supply the values in the stanza, restart the host and the table populates. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...