Getting Data In

Crowdstrike Stream Stops Woking

sean193
Explorer

Hi All,

Does anyone else have an issue where the Crowdstrike Stream modular input stops working? The process is still there but is hung. Killing the process allows Splunk to re-create the .py process and start collecting again. (this happens with other modular inputs too).

Why does this happen? Is this being addressed?

0 Karma

guarisma
Contributor

We're having the same issue, it stops working without any errors in the logs

0 Karma

paulbannister
Communicator

I've noticed this too, every now and then the data feed just stops with no real errors or indication, a quick "disable & re-enable" of the input seems to fix it but would like to know what the issue is and if it

0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

we are having the same issue. 

support@crowdstrike.com - know how to prevent this? 

0 Karma

paulbannister
Communicator

We did open a case with them and their initial response was for us to check our network\firewalls... but nothing obvious was spotted and we're still waiting on further advise.

In the meantime we've seen that the TA is now cloud friendly so we're looking to migrate it from our on-site HF to our Cloud IDM which might fix it for us hopefully... but there's still definitely an issue to be resolved

0 Karma

kcooper
Communicator

I have case open with Crowdstrike support. They are in the process of creating a fix. There is a beta version right now. 2.0.8. 

Tags (1)
0 Karma

guarisma
Contributor

Any updates?

Where can I get this beta version 2.0.8? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...