Getting Data In

Cronjob schedule different timezone than default system time for savedsearches

Splunker2024

I ran a |REST search to export the list of savedsearches along with their cronjob schedules.  The cronjob scheduled are not showing the time in UTC time.

ex | REST output for a search shows cronjob of 10 14 * * *,  but when I look at the REPORT tab on the SHC and see the list of saved searches, the "Next Scheduled Time" column shows 2024-04-07 18:10:00 UTC

My SHC and deployers splunk servers are both set to UTC as the default system time.  On the SHC UI, when I log in, my preferences are also set to view data in "default system time".  I am physically located in an Eastern Time Zone.

I am trying to see how to fix this so the |REST output of saved searches and their cronjob schedule is in UTC.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing your user preferences to show times explicitly in UTC.  If the cron time changes to "10 18 * * *" then the system timestamp is Americas/New_York rather than UTC.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...

Edge Processor Scaling, Energy & Manufacturing Use Cases, and More New Articles on ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEM

Get More Out of Your Security Practice With a SIEMWednesday, July 31, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ETREGISTER ...