Getting Data In

Certificate error while integrating Sailpoint with Splunk

manishchoudhary
Loves-to-Learn

Hello Experts, 

We are trying to integrate Sailpoint with Splunk. We used the required add-on and all the necessary information for API however, after putting all the required information we are getting the certificate error that stops the complete integration. Below are some of the sample error logs of Sailpoint integration. 

File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_sailpoint/bin/splunk_ta_sailpoint/aob_py3/requests/api.py", line 60, in request

return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)

File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_sailpoint/bin/splunk_ta_sailpoint/aob_py3/requests/sessions.py", line 533, in request

resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)

File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_sailpoint/bin/splunk_ta_sailpoint/aob_py3/requests/sessions.py", line 646, in send

r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)

File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_sailpoint/bin/splunk_ta_sailpoint/aob_py3/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send

raise SSLError(e, request=request)

requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='#hostname', port=8443): Max retries exceeded with url: /identityiq/oauth2/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate (_ssl.c:1106)')))

Can someone please provide some input on the same so that we can proceed with the integration. 

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Subhashsingh

SSLCertVerificationError comes up for one of the two reasons - if the certificate is not placed in right directory or if it is a self signed certificate. Please navigate to following file to add CA certs(in my case i added my full chain pem file of the server where i installed the add on) in the chain: > SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_sailpoint/bin/splunk_ta_sailpoint/aob_py3/certifi/cacert.pem 

This issue with the self signed certificate arises due to critical security checks which are enforced by default in latest python version(3.7 +). In order to resolve this you will require CA certs in all of the environment(s) (DEV/STAGING/PROD).

0 Karma

memon_samad

Hi @Subhashsingh ,

Could you please share the steps on how exactly you fixed the issue. 

Did you import the certificate from IGA URL ? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...