Getting Data In

Can you help me with my indexing issue?

mahmoud2008

we have licensed 20 GB and I indexed CSV or TXT files around 13 GB. But the issue is when I check the license usage. I find it 1 GB or 2 GB, which means I'm losing some indexing data !

0 Karma

dedwards93

Are new/different files indexed everyday, or is it the same files being monitored (indexed) every day?

0 Karma

Super Champion

if you monitor one folder then every time new file will come in that folder it will get indexed.
And if you monitor one file continuously then whenever new entry will come in that file then that new event will get indexed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...