Getting Data In

AD request and file audit

zek50618

Hello!

I need to show audit access to a file in Windows, in the context of a certain group in the AD.

For example: there is a file called file_for_test.doc. To view the latest data on the audit, I use the following code:

host="hostname" sourcetype="WinEventLog" Object_Name="*file_for_test.doc" Accesses="ReadData*" | head 10000 | stats first(_time) as _time by Account_Name,Accesses,EventCode,Object_Name | table _time, Account_Name, Accesses, EventCode, Object_Name 

Result:

_time                 Account_Name   Accesses                      EventCode    Object_Name 
2018-09-25 13:24:07 User_1       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc
2018-09-25 10:59:32 User_2       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc
2018-09-25 08:41:39 User_3       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc
2018-09-24 18:14:33 User_4       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc

But I need to display data only for users in the certain group AD. For example, only user 1, user 4.

It's to get a list of these users:

| ldapsearch domain=dom_name search="(&(objectClass=group)(CN=group_name))" | ldapgroup | table member_name

Result:

member_name
User_1
User_4

How do I combine 2 of these requests to get the following result:

_time                 Account_Name   Accesses                      EventCode    Object_Name 
2018-09-25 13:24:07 User_1       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc
2018-09-24 18:14:33 User_4       ReadData (or ListDirectory)    4663    \Device\file_for_test.doc
0 Karma

zek50618

Hello!
How to compose a query to search from array?

I have a dropdown field, in which I choose the needed group.

<input type="dropdown" token="dd01">
<choice value="ad_group1">ad_group1</choice>
<choice value="ad_group2">ad_group2</choice>
</input>

Then we get a table with a list of members of the group

<query>| ldapsearch domain=dom_name search="(&amp;(objectClass=group)(CN=$dd01$))" | ldapgroup | table member_name</query>
    <option name="drilldown">cell</option>
    <drilldown>
      <set token="mem_name">$row.member_name$</set>

How to compose a query "where" or any other that will search for an array of users in it?

<query>
host="hostname" sourcetype="WinEventLog" Object_Name="*filename.doc" Accesses="ReadData*" 
| head 1000 
**| where Account_Name = $mem_name$**
| table _time, Account_Name, Accesses, EventCode, Object_Name 
</query>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...