Getting Data In

Can someone help me with the solutions for the below errors on splunk internal logs?

Roy_9
Motivator

Hello,

Can someone please help me with the solutions for the below errors on splunk internal logs?

Host                     Component                    Error
splunk01-shc SearchScheduler The maximum disk usage quota for this user has been reached.
splunk01-shc DispatchManager The maximum number of concurrent historical searches on this instance has been reached.
splunk01-shc UserManagerPro SAML config is invalid, Reconfigure it.
splunk02 ExecProcessor message from "{}" /bin/sh: {}: Permission denied
splunk02 ExecProcessor message from "{}" File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/instance_id_modular_input.py", line 29, in should_run
splunk01-shc SearchScheduler Search not executed: The maximum number of concurrent historical searches on this instance has been reached., concurrency_category={}, concurrency_context={}, current_concurrency={} concurrency_limit={}

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Roy_9,

you have many issies in your Splunk, but the main and most evident is that you haven't sufficient resources, in terms of disk space, and this issue probably is causing the others.

Then there's also an issue on SAML, but, my hint is to solve the main issue and then the others.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Roy_9
Motivator

thanks @gcusello i will take a look at the disk space resources and see if it helps

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Roy_9 ,

let me know if I can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Sure @gcusello  I am still working on this effort, i will definitely post my observations once I am done.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

another thing where you should look is amount of searches on your SHC. Those logs said that there are running more than this node has capacity. You should check if there are skipped/deferred searches and try to modify those to use less resources. Also check if there are real-time searches and/or alerts and convert those to scheduled searches. Probably you have also some users which have quite many searches and maybe too long TTL time for those? When you fix this, you should get more disk space for that user and maybe no more quota overflow?

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...