Getting Data In

Can Splunk index json from url on a schedule

fredclown
Contributor

I have a JSON feed that I would like to get into Splunk. It is not in a file, however. It is on a web server. Is it possible to set up Splunk to read a JSON feed from a URL, say every minute?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fredclown
Contributor

Ok, after thinking about my question again and trying different search terms I think I found the answer. I think I'm looking for a scripted input. I could set up a shell script and use curl to pull in the data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fredclown
Contributor

Ok, after thinking about my question again and trying different search terms I think I found the answer. I think I'm looking for a scripted input. I could set up a shell script and use curl to pull in the data.

0 Karma

apurva1707

I am facing the same issue. Can you please elaborate?

0 Karma

fredclown
Contributor

Yep, this was the answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...