Getting Data In

Can Splunk index json from url on a schedule

fredclown
Builder

I have a JSON feed that I would like to get into Splunk. It is not in a file, however. It is on a web server. Is it possible to set up Splunk to read a JSON feed from a URL, say every minute?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fredclown
Builder

Ok, after thinking about my question again and trying different search terms I think I found the answer. I think I'm looking for a scripted input. I could set up a shell script and use curl to pull in the data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fredclown
Builder

Ok, after thinking about my question again and trying different search terms I think I found the answer. I think I'm looking for a scripted input. I could set up a shell script and use curl to pull in the data.

0 Karma

apurva1707

I am facing the same issue. Can you please elaborate?

0 Karma

fredclown
Builder

Yep, this was the answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...