Getting Data In

Best recommendation for serach head cluster load balancer

maede_yavari
Explorer

Hi,

I have deployed a search head cluster with 3 members and one deployer. based on splunk document, is recommends that run a third-party hardware or software load balancer in front of the clustered search heads.

does splunk recommend any special load balancer that is most compatible

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk does not recommend any specific load balancer.  They specify only that the LB employ layer-7 (application-level) processing and user sessions are "sticky" or "persistent."

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

maede_yavari
Explorer

Hi Richgalloway,

Thanks for your reply.

I consider HAProxy for that because I've had some experience about it. But I want to add LB several month later. does it maybe have some bad effect on the cluster performance? or create some fault on the search process?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Load balancers help the SHC perform better by evenly distributing users among all nodes.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...