Getting Data In

Automation through SPLUNK

abhayneilam
Contributor

H,

I prepare Information Security Metrics every week , where I take data from database, website links and excels, etc and do it manually and make the report.

I want to automate this through SPLUNK, Can you please let me know how to get the data inputted in SPLUNK from database, website links, excel , so that I would start with the automation part.

Please help , If you want me to open seperate question for separate source input, I would do that, but please help me in this regards, as I have heard that splunk can take input from any source

0 Karma

jtworzydlo
Path Finder

Hi,
I would be great if you could give some more details.
To get data from database you would probably need splunk DB Connect app. What info do you need from websites? execl file can also be an input for splunk just like any other log file (for that you need splunk forwarder).
After you will have all the data you need I would recommend to make a dashboard and schedule generating it as a pdf to get reports.
More details would be nice 🙂

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Thanks for your prompt response .for excel file I convert it to .csv file and use inputlookup command, through forwarder can it be done directly through excel file itself ? Regarding website I have a link whichupon clicking get me another two link if I click the first one I get some data in a tabular format that data I want to fetch through splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...