Getting Data In

After upgrading to Splunk 6.4.0, why is my Data inputs list in Splunk Web incomplete?

MaverickT
Communicator

After upgrading to Splunk 6.4, my list of data inputs is incomplete. I remember this issue happened with the DB connect app after upgrading to 6.3. Is there any way (beside manually uninstalling all the apps) I can identify the application that is causing this issue?

Thanks,
Ziga

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

nicolas_rofort
Explorer

Hello,

Problem solved. Remove "db connect v1" app (directory dbx) and restart splunk.

Regards
Nicolas

View solution in original post

nicolas_rofort
Explorer

Hello,

Problem solved. Remove "db connect v1" app (directory dbx) and restart splunk.

Regards
Nicolas

MaverickT
Communicator

In our case it is not the issue, since the db connect is already the current latest version (1.2.2).

0 Karma

nicolas_rofort
Explorer

Ok, it was my case to! Maybe, you can backup files and try?

And now, if I try to install "db connect v1" app, I have the same issue...

In fact, I don't use it (but "db connect v2"), so it's not a problem for me.

0 Karma

MaverickT
Communicator

Well I got answer from support team. DB connect v1 is not supported on Splunk 6.4 and will be depricated soon. So this is time to migrate to DBx2 asap.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...