Getting Data In

After a change to inputs.conf to get Windows security event logs, why am I getting error "Failed to checkpoint for channel='security'"?

abovebeyond
Communicator

Hello,

I've changed some whitelist parameters in the inputs.conf file to index Windows security event logs, however, I'm seeing the error:

message from ""C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk-winevtlog.exe"" splunk-winevtlog - WinEventMon::processLogChannel: Failed to checkpoint for channel='security'

What is the problem?

Thanks!

1 Solution

abovebeyond
Communicator

i think i fixed it, stopped the service for few second and start it again. Thanks !

View solution in original post

abovebeyond
Communicator

i think i fixed it, stopped the service for few second and start it again. Thanks !

bmacias84
Champion

Does your forwarder run as different user other than system? If so you may have permission issue. Other wise post a input stanza.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...