Getting Data In

Addition of '=' between events

lohit
Path Finder

Hi all ,

I have a indexes which is capturing logs in real time. However i have observed a strange thing happening when events are indexed in splunk. Splunk is adding a '=' between the event text. Below is an small snippet from logs

Raw logs:
2D 0A 41 63 Firefox/38.0..Ac
000 cept:

Splunk Indexed logs:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 () Gecko/21 Fir=
efox/38.0

I am not what is happening. are my events being truncated ?

Any help !!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is not Splunk; I am sure it is happening in your raw files before Splunk touches them. This is a sign of Quoted-printable encoding; QP works by using the equals sign "=" immediately followed by carriage return as an escape character to indicated a forced line-break, usually to limit the line length to 76, as some software/protocols (e.g. SMTP) have limits on line length.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is not Splunk; I am sure it is happening in your raw files before Splunk touches them. This is a sign of Quoted-printable encoding; QP works by using the equals sign "=" immediately followed by carriage return as an escape character to indicated a forced line-break, usually to limit the line length to 76, as some software/protocols (e.g. SMTP) have limits on line length.

0 Karma

lohit
Path Finder

Thank you Woodcock.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...