Getting Data In

Addition of '=' between events

lohit
Path Finder

Hi all ,

I have a indexes which is capturing logs in real time. However i have observed a strange thing happening when events are indexed in splunk. Splunk is adding a '=' between the event text. Below is an small snippet from logs

Raw logs:
2D 0A 41 63 Firefox/38.0..Ac
000 cept:

Splunk Indexed logs:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 () Gecko/21 Fir=
efox/38.0

I am not what is happening. are my events being truncated ?

Any help !!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is not Splunk; I am sure it is happening in your raw files before Splunk touches them. This is a sign of Quoted-printable encoding; QP works by using the equals sign "=" immediately followed by carriage return as an escape character to indicated a forced line-break, usually to limit the line length to 76, as some software/protocols (e.g. SMTP) have limits on line length.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is not Splunk; I am sure it is happening in your raw files before Splunk touches them. This is a sign of Quoted-printable encoding; QP works by using the equals sign "=" immediately followed by carriage return as an escape character to indicated a forced line-break, usually to limit the line length to 76, as some software/protocols (e.g. SMTP) have limits on line length.

0 Karma

lohit
Path Finder

Thank you Woodcock.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...