Deployment Architecture

server abort error

parmarvn

I have installed splunk 4.3 on Red Hat Linux in the dafualt directory.
However when i try to change some settings from the splunk web UI..everytime i click the SAVE button i get an error:Cannot save ......, there was an error:server abort.I guess this has something to do with access permissions but i am not able to figure this out.The same error comes when i try to configure the forwarder and give the IP address:port in the field.

0 Karma

khyoung7410
Communicator

Try a different browser or Firefox 3.0 higher use.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3/ReleaseNotes/Knownissues

Under Firefox 3.5 via Splunk Web's Manager > Access Control > Users to save a new user record, a banner message displays indicating: Your entry was not saved. The following error was reported: server abort. This message can be ignored as the user record is created. Firefox 3.6.10, 7.0.1, 8.0.1 do not reproduce this behavior. (SPL-47195)

0 Karma

parmarvn

Thanks ..i checked the version of firefox that came by default with RHEL 5.5..its firefox 3.0.. i will try to install a new version of firefox 3.6.10 and again test this..and get back.

0 Karma

khyoung7410
Communicator

Me too.

The same is true when reinstalling.

installed splunk 4.3~.tar.gz on Red Hat 5.5 Ent.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...