Deployment Architecture

monitor linux processes

karthikbalakris
Explorer

hi all,
How do i monitor the processes that are running on Linux similar to monitoring services in windows. in windows i use WMI:SERVICES to do. but i am not sire of the correct way to do it on Linux processes. Kindly help.

Tags (3)

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you know, Linux does not have WMI. The closest thing that is easy to the deploy is the Splunk App for Linux and Unix. This supports a ps data input which you can use to monitor processes.

If this app doesn't give you exactly what you want out of the box, you can always roll your own scripted input.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The *NIX app has a number of useful inputs, such as scripts calling top and ps periodically.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...