Deployment Architecture

how to open localhost splunk using putty?

sfatnass
Contributor

hi i donwloaded splunk for tiral licence on local machine and i want to run it with putty.

what's the config, hostname, port ....

thx

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Putty is for connecting via ssh to remote hosts over a network. Not for opening Splunk on your local machine.

If you have installed Splunk on your machine, you can open a web browser and go to http://localhost:8000 to access the web user interface.

0 Karma

sfatnass
Contributor

i know that. i know how to access splunk with cmd, but it's just question for putty because, i'm testing some options.

just for fun 😛

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ok so then you could install Cygwin and ssh to it maybe. Or setup a linux vm using oracle virtualbox.

sfatnass
Contributor

thx for your reply
can you edit your reply like answer to close the post?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can mark the entire answer as the answer. Everyone will know to read the full thread.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...