Deployment Architecture

fill_summary_index.py not working

ayusuf
Engager

I'm running the command below:
sudo -u splunk /opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python /opt/splunk/bin/fill_summary_index.py -app search -name eligible -et -y -lt now -j 2 -owner admin -auth admin:password

I get the following back:
*** For saved search 'eligible' ***
No handlers could be found for logger "splunk.rest.format"
No scheduled times for your time range.

No searches to run

I'm not sure what the response back means exactly.
'eligible' is a scheduled search and I'm trying to run that same search but using it to backfill the summary index.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Are you running the search on a search head, but the summary index resides on indexers? You might need the -nolocal option.

But I really suspect that you need to include the -owner option, or perhaps change the permissions on the scheduled search eligible

More info on the options: Manage summary index gaps and overlaps

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Is the scheduling enabled for the search? What is the time range you're using and what is the cron schedule for the search?

0 Karma

ayusuf
Engager

scheduling is enabled for the search. should I disable that?
I'm using Basic and running every minute. My search range is -7mon@mon and -7mon@mon+1h.
But there is data before that I need to backfill.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...