Deployment Architecture

Windows client release schedule

jhp

Hey,

We're about to deploy a bunch of workstations with Win client 4.3.3-128297, I've heard it said that there's a new version due out imminently. Our desktop team are interested to know:

a. If this is true 🙂

and

b. Whether the new version is upgrade compatible (or is planned to be) with the version we have now.

In other words, they don't want to be faced with more work in, say, a month's time. Can anyone shed any light on these questions for me? Thanks.

John

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Hi,

New versions of Splunk are released every two or three months, (roughly). The latest version was released a little over a month ago. Whether the 4.3.4 is coming tomorrow or in November is more than I know, but as for compatibility there should be little cause for concern at least if you're on 4.x in the rest of the environment.

Please see the docs for a compatibility matrix; http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Deploy/Enableareceiver#Compatibility_between_forward...

Hope this helps,

Kristian

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...