Deployment Architecture

Which Splunk Capability allows to enable OR disable a Splunk app?

juhiacc
Explorer

We have a Splunk app, that needs to be disabled by the users themselves as per the systems health and maintenance mode. Curious to know which role/capability in splunk is responsible for granting this level of access.

Already have revisited `edit_local_apps` capability as part of https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.0/Security/Rolesandcapabilities#Add.2C_edit.2C_and_... and this doesn't seems to answer the query.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

Try this it should work 

edit_local_appsLets the user edit actions for application management. Applies only when you set the enable_install_apps setting to "true" in authorize.conf.
0 Karma

sweetie
Explorer

Thanks @Siddharth ,  I do have enabled the capability edit_local_apps under role from UI. However I am not sure where exactly we need to make changes in authorize.conf. Thanks

0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

in authorize.conf 

[capability::edit_local_apps]

enable = true 

I think this should work just debug/refresh the system once it is done 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...