Deployment Architecture

Universal Forwader

mezami

I installed UF on Win 10 based on steps shown in Splunk web site.
But after finishing, I can not find this program while it is in list my installed program in control panel.
i tried this many times and no change .
Please let me know what happened and what is the solution .

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mezami

Hi nareshinsvu,

I've installed a Splunk Enterprise and I want to install Forwarder on different machine.
I put correct IP add. & port for enterprise when I'm installing Forwarder but after finishing I could not see the on different machine while I can see on list of installing pogrom.
Please let me know it's possible there are on two different machine at same network.

Regards,

0 Karma

mezami

Thanks for your reply.
we have a active Splunk Enterprise and I want to install a Forwarder in efferent system .
Now , I activate receiver on Splunk but it has only port number (not IP add.) .
Would you please tell me how I can make a relationship between Rec. & Forwarder in this case.
Now, as I mentioned before, I can not see the Forwarder that I'd installed.

Best Regards,

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

Did you follow below steps? Did you install Splunk Enterprise before installing Splunk Universal forwarder?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Forwarding/EnableforwardingonaSplunkEnterpriseins...

alt text

0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

You interpreted this in a wrong way. If it helped accept and/or upvote my reply

1) On your forwarder server, you have to install Splunk enterprise and then forwarder software. And follow the steps mentioned in the Splunk document link from my original reply.

2) Once your forwarder is installed successfully, Navigate to

Settings -> Forwarding and Receiving
-> Configure Forwarding -> Click on New Forwarding Host -> Enter "<Receiver Hostname>:<port which you have configured on Receiver>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...