Deployment Architecture

Unable to initialize modular input "server" defined inside the app "splunk_app_db_connect": Introspecting scheme=server: script running failed (exited with code 255).

jprs032007
Engager

I received this error when I tried to install 'splunk db connect' app.
I have already installed jdk1.8.0_131

I am using splunk enterprise edition 64 bit free trail version.
Splunk db connect app is 32 bit

Tags (1)

rafamss
Contributor

Hi @jprs032007,

I've passed for the same problem and I resolved this issue enabling the port (9998 or any that you want) in the firewall in my CentOS 7.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=9998/tcp --permanent

I hope help you.

[ ]s
Rafael Martins

0 Karma

samlinsongguo
Communicator

we are having the same problem! it happened after we patched our windows server, would this have something to do with it?

0 Karma

samlinsongguo
Communicator

I just restart the splunkd service, and it works again. not sure why

0 Karma

fatjoe
Engager

Did you find a solution for this? Am having the same problem...

0 Karma

kangje168
Explorer

me toooo! any solution ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...