Deployment Architecture

To view configuration files on the deployment server in clustering

ssankeneni
Communicator

Is it possible to view all the configuration files on the deployment server with SOS app. I have installed the app but I am able to view only the internal configuration files. I am using the deployment server as the master in clustering .

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The short answer is:

No. The S.o.S configuration file viewer is not designed to review the configuration located in a deployment server's app repository. It is designed to review the live configuration running on the search-head where the app is installed as well as on any search peers reachable by distributed search.

In addition to this, I need to state that:

• It is unsupported to run the Deployment Server service on a Cluster Master instance.
  • It is unsupported to use Deployment Server to push configuration to your Cluster Peers. The supported method is to use the cluster configuration bundle.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...